I am the biggest fan of breakfast and genuinely wake up excited to eat! I know not a lot of people are not like this and prefer to skip breakfast (how do you even live?!) Breakfast is seriously the most important meal of the day as it assists in boosting your metabolism, curbs cravings for the duration of the day and boosts brain power and concentration.
Since I love breakfast so much, I am always looking for exciting alternatives to keep things interesting and to avoid eating the same thing day-in and day-out.
So, I came up with this delicious, creamy, berry porridge to satisfy all of my breakfast dreams. There’s nothing like a warm bowl of comforting porridge in the morning to start your day – especially when it gets to those cooler months. This recipe is also so easy to make in the evening and take with you to work the next morning. Check out the video below on how to make this delicious breakfast porridge!
YOU WILL NEED:
1 cup, quinoa (I suggest using about a 1/4 cup for 1 serving)
1 scoop of protein powder of your choice (I used Vegan protein)
1 tablespoon of milled flaxseed powder
Half a teaspoon of maca powder
Sprinkle of cinnamon
2 or 3 tablespoons of mixed frozen berries
Half a banana, sliced
1 tablespoon of plain low-fat yoghurt
1 teaspoon of chia seeds
Drizzle of honey
Sprinkle of coconut flakes
A few Brazilian nuts or nuts of your choice (for a healthy source of fats)
HOW TO MAKE:
- Bring 2 cups of water to the boil in a pot on the stove
- Once your water is boiling, pour 1 cup of quinoa into the pot
- Cover the pot with a lid and turn down the heat
- Once quinoa is fully-cooked, leave the pot on the stove and mix in your protein powder, milled flaxseeds, maca powder & sprinkle of cinnamon
- Mix in frozen berries and remove from the heat. You can also leave the pot on the stove for a little bit so the berries melt and mix easily into the porridge
- Pour the porridge into a breakfast bowl
- Top with sliced banana, low-fat yoghurt, chia seeds, coconut flakes, nuts, cinnamon and honey
- You can also add a small amount of milk of your choiceto the finished product, should you wish
- And ENJOY! 😊
Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think through my Instagram or commenting below.
Have a beautiful week! <3