It’s a Sunday evening and I’m lying in the bath thinking what meals I am going to prepare for the week. It’s a fact, I am ALWAYS thinking about my next meal.
In spirit of breakfast being my favourite meal of the day, I put together this delicious breakfast quiche recipe. What I love about this recipe, is that you can practically put any vegetable you like or have available in your fridge and throw everything into a dish or muffin tray and you have yourself a nutritious, protein-filled breakfast. The best part is, you can keep the quiche in the fridge and warm-up as you need. So, you can prepare breakfast for the whole week!
How to make my carb-free, protein-filled quiche
You will need:
6 whole eggs (use 1 egg per cup if using a muffin tray)
Various veggies – I used baby spinach, asparagus and grated baby marrow, as this is what I had available in my fridge. Some examples you can make use of; mushrooms, peppers, fresh sweetcorn, bacon, cheese etc.
Various spices – I used black pepper, pink Himalayan salt and paprika
Coconut oil to grease up the cooking dish
How to prepare:
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Grease up your dish or muffin tray
- Cut up veggies and place into your dish or muffin tray
- Crack eggs into a measuring jug, whisk and add various spices – you can add a little bit of milk if you like, but I prefer to leave out the dairy
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and sprinkle with a little bit of paprika for taste
- Cook in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through
Once your quiche is cooked, leave to cool, cut into squares and store in the fridge for a quick on-the-go healthy breakfast!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and it gives you some inspiration to keep your breakfasts interesting 😊